Thursday, July 7, 2011

Emotionally Spent

The past weeks have been emotionally draining on my body, soul and mind.  Seth and I left before 4 am on the Monday after Father's Day for my Granny's funeral.  We drove crazy days to get there so felt it was better to leave the girls behind.  I don't think I have had to do anything harder as a Mom then to leave the two of them behind.  I have never been away from them longer then a few hours 12 at most and we were gone for over two weeks.  So added to my heartache for my Granny I had my heartache for leaving them behind.  I knew they were safe but I still worried like crazy and felt guilty for every second I missed.  It's so hard as a parent to have to be away from your kids and I have even more respect for Seth for having done it all those times he had no choice.  It ate at my heart to be away from them and I hope I never have to again!  After that it seemed like one thing after another went wrong for the past few weeks.  We came home to have to fix the toilet completely because it was flushing all the time and the water was constantly going, the sink strainer on the side we didn't replace needs replacing.  The list goes on and on.  They say God only gives you as much as you can handle, I've come to think either he has me confused with someone else like the freaking HULK or he has great faith in my wine.
We have started a list of all the things that need to be done upstairs I don't even want to broach the list for downstairs yet.  I can sum it all up in one word SCARY!!!  We did get all the boxes upstairs off to goodwill and the two that needed to get to storage there.  Now we have to work on painting Kyrie's room (it's on the agenda for tomorrow), building her bookshelf and getting all the stuff that needs to go to the dump out of here.  Then maybe the list wont looks so bad for both upstairs and downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Word

 So my word of the year this year is Love!!  In the grand scheme it sounds like a crap word when I have love, but the love of non person stu...