Friday, January 8, 2016

My Dearest Kyrie

My Dearest Kyrie,

               Today you turn 11, and I have to explain to you why this is so hard for me.  Every time I look at you I see this little girl.
The girl with the curly hair, the free spirit, the child who insisted that rain boots and shorts go on a day without a cloud in site.  My little 4 year old Kyrie adventurous, talkative heart full of love.  I know I hold you too close, give you hugs when you want to push me away and wish you would stop getting older.  I also know one day you will go off to college, have a career, get married and have a family of your own and every day puts us closer to that future.  I just want to keep you little, so the world won't jade you, so I can protect you from everything.  So please be patient with your mom as I hug you a little more than you like.  I'm just trying to hold you little as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Word

 So my word of the year this year is Love!!  In the grand scheme it sounds like a crap word when I have love, but the love of non person stu...